Displaying Chinese (Taiwanese) Characters in VB6

Viewed 59

I am having problems when I try to display Chinese characters in my VB6 application:

  1. Not the correct characters are displayed.

  2. There are ?'s being displayed.

System setup:

  1. Windows 10

  2. VB6 a) Why am I still using VB6 well it is because the DLL's that I have to interface to our serial devices were written in VB6 and using them in VB.NET is slow.

  3. A translation file that contains all the strings that I display in my code and the corresponding Chinese characters the two things are separated by a pipe symbol "|"

Things that I have tried:

  1. I changed to Region and Language to Taiwan Traditional.

  2. I tried changing the font to anyone that supports the Big5 character set.

Please help and let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you

0 Answers
Related