I'm trying to draw a textured cube in OpengL. At first, I initialize VBO and VAO in the class constructor as follows.
Block::Block(...)
{
glGenBuffers(1, &VBO);
glGenVertexArrays(1, &VAO);
//glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, VBO);
glBindVertexArray(VAO);
glVertexAttribPointer(0, 3, GL_FLOAT, GL_FALSE, 8 * sizeof(float), (void *)0);
glEnableVertexAttribArray(0);
glVertexAttribPointer(1, 3, GL_FLOAT, GL_FALSE, 8 * sizeof(float), (void *)(3 *
sizeof(float)));
glEnableVertexAttribArray(1);
glVertexAttribPointer(2, 2, GL_FLOAT, GL_FALSE, 8 * sizeof(float), (void *)(6 *
sizeof(float)));
glEnableVertexAttribArray(2);
}
and in the method called renderBlock(), I render the cube like this
void Block::renderBlock()
{
setMatrix();
shader.use();
glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, VBO);
glBindVertexArray(VAO);
glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0);
shader.setInt("tex", 0);
shader.use();
glBufferData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, sizeof(vertices), vertices, GL_STATIC_DRAW);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture);
glBindVertexArray(VAO);
glDrawArrays(GL_TRIANGLES, 0, 6);
}
and if I call the block.renderBlock(), the program will crash at glDrawArrays(GL_TRIANGLES, 0, 6);. The error message says that 0xC0000005: Access conflict occurred at read position 0x0000000000000000.. But if I uncomment the //glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, VBO); in constructer, the program will run successfully. It's very confusing to me. Why should I bind the VBO before I edit the VAO. Is there any connection between them?Any advice would be greatly appreciated.