Building Spark from source error: There is no POM in this directory

Viewed 26

I am trying to build spark from source following https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/building-spark.html. I have completed following steps

  1. Installed JDK 18
  2. Installed Maven 3.6
  3. Installed Scala 2.13
  4. Set JAVA_HOME
  5. Set Maven path
  6. Verified that maven, java and scala are installed
  7. cloned the spark repo

enter image description here

Problem:

When I execute following command

./build/mvn -DskipTests clean package

to build spark from source after installing maven I get following error

enter image description here

I have tried uninstalling maven and tried building with maven inside C:/Spark/spark/build. That doesn't recognizes 'mvn' It simply says 'mvn' is not recognized as an internal or external command'

Please suggest what I might be doing wrong here and how can I build spark from source on Windows 11.

Thanks RA

1 Answers

The error says: Please verify you invoked Maven from the correct directory.

Please run ./build/mvn -DskipTests clean package command from C:/Spark/spark/ directory instead of C:/Spark/spark/build/.

Related