I have created a minimal example sheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nrPMDTKD0uHbWkAu-3c9DUoxBptB13lScOe8XI8zxF4/edit?usp=sharing.
I will explain:
issues and recommendationsis a list of issues with their recommendations- Each issue has 1+ recommendation in one cell; for example:
B2hasalphaandcharlie - A recommendation could apply to multiple issues; for example: recommendation
alphaapplies to issue1,2, and5
- Each issue has 1+ recommendation in one cell; for example:
issues and recommendations split- I took the data inissues and recommendationsand split it so each recommendation was in one linerecommendationsis a unique list of just the recommendations. And I assigned each recommendation a unique ID.recommendation plans- each recommendation has 1+ plan on this sheet. Each plan is on it's own line.
Now, in issues and recommendations.plans (column C) I want an ARRAYFORMULA or something that will find all of the recommendation plans.plans (column C) for the recommendations in issues and recommendations.recommendation (column B), and combine them into one cell.
In the last column of issues and recommendations I put an example column with the expected output. Using issue 1 as an example:
two recommendations:
alphahasrecommendations IDof1that has these plans:do thisdo that
charliehasrecommendation IDof1that has these plans:do 001do 002do bingo
so if you combine them you get:
- do this - do that - do 001 - do 002 - do bingo
