I want to retrieve data from a realtime database for a flutter application. My data is built like this.

I need to loop through this data to display it on the application (ecommerce app, obviously). I have tried and failed in many ways. Currently when trying to get the data I see "Instance of '_Future'" as the message.
class Cart extends StatefulWidget {
Cart({Key? key}) : super(key: key);
@override
State<Cart> createState() => _CartState();
}
class _CartState extends State<Cart> {
DatabaseReference ref = FirebaseDatabase.instance.ref();
Object? products;
List productList = [];
String displayText = 'Results go here!';
snapshot() async {
final snapshot = await ref.child('Products').get();
productList = [];
if (snapshot.exists) {
productList.add(snapshot.value);
products = (snapshot.value);
print(snapshot);
print(snapshot.value);
} else {
print('No Data Available');
}
}
@override
void initState() {
super.initState();
snapshot();
}
@override
Widget build(BuildContext context) {
return Scaffold(
appBar: const PreferredSize(
preferredSize: Size.fromHeight(60), child: MyAppBar()),
body: Column(
children: [
ElevatedButton(
onPressed: () async {
// await ref.set({"name": "Tyler"});
snapshot();
},
child: Text("Add Data"),
),
Text("${snapshot()}", style: TextStyle(color: Colors.white))
],
)
);
}
}
I also have this data class built from other posts I have seen. I have to admit, I am not entirely sure how to use it.
import 'dart:convert';
class ProductData {
final int productID;
final String productCategory;
final String productDesc;
final String productName;
final String productPrice;
final String productSize;
final bool productInStock;
final String productImage1;
final String productGender;
final String productImage2;
ProductData(
{required this.productID,
required this.productCategory,
required this.productDesc,
required this.productName,
required this.productPrice,
required this.productSize,
required this.productInStock,
required this.productImage1,
required this.productGender,
required this.productImage2});
ProductData copyWith(
{int? productID,
String? productCategory,
String? productDesc,
String? productName,
String? productPrice,
String? productSize,
bool? productInStock,
String? productImage1,
String? productGender,
String? productImage2}) {
return ProductData(
productID: productID ?? this.productID,
productCategory: productCategory ?? this.productCategory,
productDesc: productDesc ?? this.productDesc,
productName: productName ?? this.productName,
productPrice: productPrice ?? this.productPrice,
productSize: productSize ?? this.productSize,
productInStock: productInStock ?? this.productInStock,
productImage1: productImage1 ?? this.productImage1,
productGender: productGender ?? this.productGender,
productImage2: productImage2 ?? this.productImage2,
);
}
Map<String, dynamic> toMap() {
return <String, dynamic>{
'productID': productID,
'productCategory': productCategory,
'productDesc': productDesc,
'productName': productName,
'productPrice': productPrice,
'productSize': productSize,
'productInStock': productInStock,
'productImage1': productImage1,
'productGender': productGender,
'productImage2': productImage2,
};
}
factory ProductData.fromMap(Map<String, dynamic> map) {
return ProductData(
productID: map['productID'] as int,
productCategory: map['productCategory'] as String,
productDesc: map['productDesc'] as String,
productName: map['productName'] as String,
productPrice: map['productPrice'] as String,
productSize: map['productSize'] as String,
productInStock: map['productInStock'] as bool,
productImage1: map['productImage1'] as String,
productGender: map['productGender'] as String,
productImage2: map['productImage2'] as String,
);
}
String toJson() => json.encode(toMap());
factory ProductData.fromJson(String source) =>
ProductData.fromMap(json.decode(source) as Map<String, dynamic>);
@override
String toString() {
return 'ProductData(productID: $productID, productCategory: $productCategory, productDesc: $productDesc, productName: $productName, productPrice: $productPrice, productSize: $productSize, productInStock: $productInStock, productImage11: $productImage1, productGender: $productGender, productImage2: $productImage2)';
}
@override
bool operator ==(Object other) {
if (identical(this, other)) return true;
return other is ProductData &&
other.productID == productID &&
other.productCategory == productCategory &&
other.productDesc == productDesc &&
other.productName == productName &&
other.productPrice == productPrice &&
other.productSize == productSize &&
other.productInStock == productInStock &&
other.productImage1 == productImage1 &&
other.productGender == productGender &&
other.productImage2 == productImage2;
}
@override
int get hashCode {
return productID.hashCode ^
productCategory.hashCode ^
productDesc.hashCode ^
productName.hashCode ^
productPrice.hashCode ^
productSize.hashCode ^
productInStock.hashCode ^
productImage1.hashCode ^
productGender.hashCode ^
productImage2.hashCode;
}
}