MILP constraint for cyclic task scheduling

Viewed 23

I am working on developing a MILP mathematical model which deals with cyclic tasks. I at a stage where I have to design constraints in this regard. here is the simplified version of the problem.

the are 4 tasks of A type: [A1, A2, A3, A4]. I need a constraint that

  • first make sure the tasks are in order
  • second, in the planning horizon, after task A4 is again A1. this cycle will go on till the planning horizon ends.

I have created constraints to verify the sequence of tasks:

X_A: = 1 if task A is being done

index a: tasks {1, 2, .... , A}

sum over planning horizon(X_a) >= sum over planning horizon(X_a+1) for all a in {1,2, ... A-1}

I am stuck on writing a constraint to make sure within the planning horizon after the last task it goes and start the first task and repeat the cycle.

0 Answers
Related