I'm using PyCharm to create a documentation project in Sphinx with restructuredtext, and starting yesterday every single build seems to think that a bunch of files were changed even though they weren't.
After a lot of trial and error, I was able to narrow down exactly which files it is affecting: any file that references, in its toctree, a file that was created after some point yesterday.
So essentially:
- Doc1.rst was created two days ago, and includes in its toctree Doc2.rst and Doc3.rst.
- Doc2.rst was created two days ago
- Doc3.rst was created yesterday afternoon
Doc1.rst will be considered "changed" in every build, even if I haven't changed a single character anywhere in the project, simply because it references Doc3.rst. Doc3 itself, not to mention Doc2, are not considered "changed".
Anybody know what's going on and how to fix it? I've tried clearing the output folder, deleting all three documents and recreating them, etc. No luck.
Thanks in advance for any advice or assistance you can provide.
EDIT: Upon further experimentation, the above definition of which files it affects does not seem to be as simple as I thought. I created a Doc4 that references Doc3 that is not stuck in this constantly-changed loop, but a Doc5 that references Doc3 that is stuck. So something more complicated is going on here.