Android: why the ICICI iMobile Pay App shows the "rooted/jailbroken" device with my app?

Viewed 1533

enter image description here

After installed my App, the ICICI iMobile Pay app shows the above dialog. Finally I found the root cause, because I used the "androidx.work:work-runtime:2.7.1" library. That lib introduces the following service

        <service
        android:name="androidx.work.impl.background.systemjob.SystemJobService"
        android:directBootAware="false"
        android:enabled="@bool/enable_system_job_service_default"
        android:exported="true"
        android:permission="android.permission.BIND_JOB_SERVICE"
        tools:targetApi="n" />

enable_system_job_service_default is true if android 6 or higher. If I set the enabled to false, then the ICICI iMobile Pay goes fine.

Why the ICICI iMobile Pay detects such BIND_JOB_SERVICE jobservice? Is it a bug of the ICICI App? It's really annoying

2 Answers

Found the root cause. It's a false positive detection of the bank app. However, they need more time to fix it, as ICICI app is not the only one that gets affected for many of them use the same RASP sulution, and they need time for the users to upgrade the bank Apps:(

Yep, it's a bug i suppose , icici bank should update app , am too getting it but my device is non rooted

Related