Why eleventy front matter in index.md goes into index.html

Viewed 26

I try to go through Eleventy Guide and stuck on step "Render Your First Page".

Project structure:
enter image description here

package.json
enter image description here

.eleventy.js

enter image description here

index.md

enter image description here

_includes/page.njk

enter image description here

I start eleventy with npx eleventy --serve

enter image description here

and get build/index.html:

enter image description here

In browser: enter image description here

What did I do wrong?

1 Answers

I don't know what the bug is about, but I resolved it. If I copy/past front matter from this article:

‐‐‐
title: 11ty starter site
description: This is a demonstration website generated using the 11ty static site generator.
layout: page.njk
‐‐‐

it don't have any syntax highlighting: enter image description here

But when I clear index.md front matter and write it by yourself, it looks different, it has syntax highlighting now.

enter image description here

I think problem is --- symbols. It looks the same, but it's no enter image description here

Related