I want to create a mobile browser app.
I am using ionic within wsl within windows 11.
Now when I do ionic serve --external I want to access the web app from my phone browser.
I am on a public train wifi, so maybe that's why I can't connect?
This is the output from ionic (extract):
[INFO] Development server running!
Local: http://localhost:8100
External: http://172.21.17.144:8100
My phone is on the train network as well. I can access the external ip from my laptop (host), but not from the phone. The phone browser gives timeout message, when I try to connect to the external ip.
I also tried to connect via hotspot. I created a hotspot in windows 11. Connected to it from the android phone. Unfortunately I couldn't connect to my laptop via the hotspot network either (ip: 192.168.37.1). Also I didn't see network adapter that was hosting the hotspot in wsl via ip a.
Please, how would you connect to your dev server, that is running on your laptop, from your phone, without too much headache?