I'm trying to render the params in the url as an h2 in in the website. But even when I try console.log useParams is empty.
Here's my Router.js file
const Webpages = () => {
return (
<Router>
<Routes>
<Route exact path="/" element={Home()} />
<Route exact path="/comics" element={Comics()} />
<Route path='/comics/:comicId' element={Comic()} /> <--------------
<Route exact path="/portfolio" element={Portfolio()} />
<Route exact path="/blog" element={Blog()} />
<Route exact path="/contact" element={Contact()} />
<Route exact path="/store" element={Store()} />
<Route path="*" element={NotFound()} />
</Routes>
</Router>
);
};
export default Webpages;
Here's my comic component
import React from 'react';
import NavBar from '../../components/NavBar';
import { useParams } from 'react-router-dom';
function Comic() {
let { comicId } = useParams();
console.log(comicId);
return (
<div>
<NavBar />
<p>{comicId}</p>
</div>
)
}
export default Comic
The page element when I go to a random comic works fine, like localhost:3000/comics/465456 but the
tag is empty and the console log is undefined, it's also undefined if I just try to console log useParams()