I am having issues with a memory leak that is eventually consuming all my RAM, even if I don't use my computer after a while. This is utterly annoying, mainly because I have to reboot my system after a while.
I have tried to trace back the cause of the leak with poolmon.exe, and apparently, it has to do with the Event Tracing for Windows (ETW). I have tried to disable some of the logs in computer management->performance->Data Collector Sets and tried to trace precisely which one is the one causing the issue with logman/xperf.
Any ideas?
Thanks everyone!
Details
System
- Razer Blade 15 Advanced Model - QHD 240Hz - GeForce RTX 3070 - Black (Reference here)
- RAM 64GB
- Windows 10 Pro 21H2 19044.1889
Here is a screenshot of the task manager showing the memory performance in a session when this memory leak happens.
Image: Task Manager Paged/Non-paged pool consumption
As you can see, it is consuming 63.4 GB of memory as a paged pool resource!
Image: poolmon.exe debugging
According to Microsoft, these are the values for these tags:
EtwR - nt!etw - Etw Registration
EtwD - nt!etw - Etw DataBlock