Lake Database converts into a SQL Database in Azure Synapse Analytics

Viewed 107

Forgive me I am newbie here and I cannot post images just yet.

Lately I am having few issues with Lake Database that was created in Azure Synapse Analytics using Azure Synapse Link for Dataverse database in PowerApps.

Dynamics365 developers were adding new columns to Dataverse database and they are not displaying or working when executing queries in SSMS or Synapse Studio.

Therefore I have unlinked the Synapse Link in PowerApps and relinked with some tables.

When I unlink, the container and Lake database were deleting correctly but the same database appears in SQL databases section in Azure Synapse studio. I tried to delete it but I am getting an error "Operation DROP DATABASE is not allowed for a replicated database".

Before unlink

After unlink

I have created the Lake database again using Synapse link from PowerApps but it seems the tables meta data is not updating.

Can anyone help me with the above issues (in bold) please.

1 Answers

an error "Operation DROP DATABASE is not allowed for a replicated database".

This error is returned when you try to create objects in a database that's shared with Spark pool. The databases that are replicated from Apache Spark pools are read only. You can't create new objects into a replicated database by using T-SQL.

Create a separate database and reference the synchronized tables by using three-part names and cross-database queries.

Dynamics365 developers were adding new columns to Dataverse database and they are not displaying or working when executing queries in SSMS or Synapse Studio.

This issue could be because of many reasons. Without knowing the actual reason, we can't troubleshoot this issue.

If we refer Microsoft official document on Known limitations and issues with Azure Synapse Link for SQL if your column data type isn't supported by the Azure Synapse Analytics, it won't be replicated in Azure Synapse Analytics.

Related