Objective
I want to generate random walks in Gremlin, and already have the command to generate one: g.V(<start_id>).repeat(local(both().sample(1))).times(<depth>).path().
While this is good, I do have to generate <nb_rw_per_node> random walks per start node, and I'd like to use a unique query to handle it if possible.
Issue
I've tried using the repeat() step, in combination with select() to do this, as follows:
g.V(<start_id>).as("start").
repeat(
select("start").
repeat(
local(
both().sample(1)
)
).times(<depth>).path()
).emit().times(<nb_rw_per_node>)
This yields the following results, which I don't understand (here, <depth> = 2 and <nb_rw_per_nodes> = 2)
gremlin> g.V(6652128).as("start").repeat(select("start").repeat(local(both().sample(1))).times(2).path()).emit().times(2)
==>path[v[6652128], v[6652128], v[95670392], v[1044704]]
==>path[v[6652128], v[6652128], v[95670392], v[1044704], path[v[6652128], v[6652128], v[95670392], v[1044704]], v[6652128], v[94818432], v[245928]]
How can I not get the first node doubled in the path?
Why is the second result the concatenation of the first result and the concatenation of the first result and a random walk of the correct length? I expected to get another path of the same format as the first one.
Is this the correct way to generate multiple paths from a same initial node in a single query? If so, how can I correct my query?
Thanks to everyone reading and answering!