Telethon, can not get comments from messages telegram

Viewed 107

I am trying to get all the messages/posts from channel and also the comments on them. I successfully got messages from the channel but I could not get the comments. I always get an error. I dont know what it means or even if the method is correct or not. The code is

from telethon.sync import TelegramClient
from asyncio import run

api_id = 1245242 #Random id
api_hash = "afdsf24242sfdfa524f42sdaedfaAFEfaf" #random hash
chat = 'https://t.me/CryptoAlerts'
# use full phone number including + and country code
phone = "+9256445664" # Random number
name = "username"
async def messages_func(name, api_id, api_hash):
  async with TelegramClient(name, api_id, api_hash) as client:
    print("Extracting messages")
    async for message in client.iter_messages(chat):
        async for message in client.iter_messages(chat, reply_to=int(message.sender_id)):# This line produces error.
          print(message.text)
       
        #print(message.sender_id, ':', message.text)
              
run(messages_func(name, api_id, api_hash))

The error is.

error: 'i' format requires -2147483648 <= number <= 2147483647

The full image showing Error is

Thanks in advance.

1 Answers

This line...:

client.iter_messages(chat, reply_to=int(message.sender_id))

..seems needs to be:

client.iter_messages(chat, reply_to=message.id)

From the docs:

reply_to (int, optional):

If set to a message ID, the messages that reply to this ID will be returned. This feature is also known as comments in posts of broadcast channels, or viewing threads in groups.

...

Related