Training stops after successfully opening libcudnn.so.7 in colab

Viewed 33

I'm using google colab to train fasterrcnn with tensorflow 1.15 installed. With the free GPU, the training stops after "successfully opened libcudnn.so.7". I tried training without GPU as well and the training stops after step 1. Similar problems have been reported before, but I can't seem to find a solution that works. Will really appreciate any advice on this issue.

This is when the training was done without GPU in colab

1

This is when training was done with GPU in colab

2

1 Answers

How have you installed Tensorflow 1.15 on Colab? I think that besides reinstalling with pip you also have to downgrade CUDA:

!pip uninstall tensorflow
!pip install tensorflow-gpu==1.15
!apt install --allow-change-held-packages libcudnn7=7.4.1.5-1+cuda10.0

Here a table with compatibility versions. If you want to see all the versions available for a package like libcudnn do:

!apt list -a libcudnn7
Related