I have created a new cloudformation resource type Example::Testing::Resource. I followed the below documentation to create and submit the resource type to my AWS account.
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cloudformation-cli/latest/userguide/resource-type-walkthrough.html
After publishing the resource type to my aws account, I am able to successfully perform create, update and delete for a resource of the new type using cloudformation stacks.
However, I am unable to find a way to issue a read for the resource. How do I use the aws cloudformation CLI to list all properties of the resource? I have already defined the read handler along with handlers for create, update and delete.
Edit 1: I already tried using the describe-stack-resources and describe-stack-resource commands from the aws cloudformation CLI, but they only return the resource metadata properties like the resourceType and IDs. What I am looking for is the resource properties which are returned by the read handler.
Edit 2: Added missing link to the documentation for creation a new CF resource type.