I am trying to create a radar chart which allows me to aggregate data and allow me to control the aggregations with slicers. I have the following table with data ready prepared in Power Query with all the unpivoting done. The following table is called Sheet1.
| ID | Continent | Country | City | Year | Attribute | Value |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| 1 | Europe | Germany | Berlin | 2021 | F1 | 50 |
| 1 | Europe | Germany | Berlin | 2021 | F2 | 60 |
| 1 | Europe | Germany | Berlin | 2021 | F3 | 76 |
| 1 | Europe | Germany | Berlin | 2021 | F4 | 80 |
| 1 | Europe | Germany | Berlin | 2021 | F5 | 30 |
| 2 | Africa | Nigeria | Lagos | 2022 | F1 | 23 |
| 2 | Africa | Nigeria | Lagos | 2022 | F2 | 11 |
| 2 | Africa | Nigeria | Lagos | 2022 | F3 | 23 |
| 2 | Africa | Nigeria | Lagos | 2022 | F4 | 23 |
| 2 | Africa | Nigeria | Lagos | 2022 | F5 | 30 |
| 2 | Africa | Nigeria | Lagos | 2022 | F6 | 64 |
| 3 | Asia | Japan | Tokyo | 2021 | F1 | 34 |
| 3 | Asia | Japan | Tokyo | 2021 | F3 | 32 |
| 4 | Asia | Japan | Tokyo | 2021 | F1 | 45 |
Averaging everything for the year is easy, with an extra table named Year, with one column also named Year and 2 rows, 2021 and 2022. This column goes into a slicer.
| Year |
|---|
| 2021 |
| 2022 |
The category will be Sheet1[Attribute] and the following measure going to the Y Axis:
_value-slicer_Avg = SWITCH(SELECTEDVALUE('Year'[Year]),
2021,
CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Sheet1[Value]),Sheet1[Year]=2021),
2022,
CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Sheet1[Value]),Sheet1[Year]=2022)
)
This yields the average for a year of choice, when I drop the Year column of the Year table into the slicer
What I want to be able to, is to add another dataset on top of it, which would be easy in case of the data of an ID only (see the Individual Comparison tab of the attached pbix)
Duplicating the table in PowerQuery (no relations needed) as below...
...I need to create these measures:
_slicer_individual_selection =
SELECTEDVALUE(Sheet1_New[ID])
_value-slicer_individual_selection =
CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Sheet1[Value]),FILTER(Sheet1, Sheet1[ID] = [_slicer_individual_selection]))
And drop the ID of the Sheet1_New table in another slicer.
What I want however, is for the second dataset to be the set of the averages of the IDs selected, and the selection should be available at Continent, Country, City or ID level (see the Aggregate Comparison tab of the pbix file attached).
My attempt is not correct, but for the sake of illustration, here it is:
I have replaced the following measure in the Y Axis of the radar chart:
_value-slicer_individual_selection
with this one
_value-slicer_multiple_selection =
CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Sheet1[Value]),FILTER(Sheet1, Sheet1[ID] IN ALLSELECTED(Sheet1_New[ID])))
Failed Attempt of Aggregate Comparison
It also doesn't let me see all the continents, countries, cities or IDs available, I have to keep selecting things to make them show up. I want to be able to show the aggregate set of any selection of IDs based on the supersets available (continent, country, city) as the second set on top of the original aggregate per year. In the above example, I want to see the average for all the data from Tokyo (please note: for 2021 only) as the second set.
Also, I want the 4 slicers on the right-hand side to update, so that I only get to select the ones for 2021 when the selected Year is 2021 and the same for 2022.
Attachments are not supported, please download them from here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aHS0kFCIUe407bS59VF_MUhrLygc5wfh



