I am currently working on a full-stack application where I need to use React for the Front-end and Rails for Back-end. I am using Esbuild which gives me access to make use of jsx in rails. However, I am having a series of issues with it as shown below. Please, how do I resolve this [ERROR] Could not resolve "app/javascript/*.*"
Could it be that it's not compatible with my system because I am seeing so many incompatibility issues in the log.
Done in 65.24s.
Add build script
run npm set-script build "esbuild app/javascript/*.* --bundle --sourcemap --outdir=app/assets/builds --public-path=assets" from "."
npm WARN set-script set-script is deprecated, use `npm pkg set scripts.scriptname="cmd" instead.
run yarn build from "."
yarn run v1.22.15
warning ..\package.json: No license field
$ esbuild app/javascript/*.* --bundle --sourcemap --outdir=app/assets/builds --public-path=assets
X [ERROR] Could not resolve "app/javascript/*.*"
It looks like you are trying to use glob syntax (i.e. "*") with esbuild. This syntax is
typically handled by your shell, and isn't handled by esbuild itself. You must expand glob
syntax first before passing your paths to esbuild.
1 error
node:child_process:879
throw err;
^
Error: Command failed: C:\Users\Dennis\hello-rails-react\node_modules\esbuild-windows-64\esbuild.exe app/javascript/*.* --bundle --sourcemap --outdir=app/assets/builds --public-path=assets