How to fix notes in R package about mispelled words and example times

Viewed 31

I am working on an R package that I recently pushed to CRAN. However, I got the following NOTEs which I guess forces CRAN to fail the package submission via its autocheck.

The first note was as follows:

New submission

Possibly misspelled words in DESCRIPTION:
Smitty (9:169)
al(9:184)
et (9:181)

And the second note was the following:

Examples with CPU (user + system) or elapsed time > 5s

user system elapsed

rp 4.832 0.176 5.009

For the first note, Smitty et al. is not a mispelling as its a paper that I am citing. I guess New Submission will also generate a note (is this a problem?).

The second note complains that my example takes longer than 5 second to run. Do all examples have to run in less than 5 seconds?

Any help on how to fix these NOTEs or how to re-submit such that it will pass the scrutiny of CRAN is much appreciated.

1 Answers

The first note is not a problem and is very unlikely be the reason for submission rejection. The second one however is likely to be a problem. Examples must run fast. You must reduce the amount of data used in the example or speed up your method, or reduce the number of examples.

Notice that \donttest{} is actually tested. But not always. I think it is tested when submitting but not during the other builds that are regularly triggered by the CRAN.

Related