How do I create a Metric Widget that counts a field but I want it limited based on a filter I've created. In other words my filter widget should change how the numbers of my metric report.
How do I create a Metric Widget that counts a field but I want it limited based on a filter I've created. In other words my filter widget should change how the numbers of my metric report.
I'm making a few assumptions from your question, namely that you're referring to a "Metrics Widget" within the context of a Workshop application.
Metric widgets are display-only, so they're going to show whatever the value of accompanying Variable (numeric, string, date, or timestamp).
Filters operate on Object Set variables, so to have a metric widget respond to a Filter, you'll need something like:
[o] Starting Object Set (Object Set Variable) -> [f] Filter List Output (Filter Variable) -> [o] Filtered Object Set (Object Set Variable with Filter Variable applied) -> [n] Numeric Metric Calculation (Object Set Aggregation calculation)
With this setup, changing the values in the Filter List widget will update the [o] Filtered Object Set variable, which will in turn update the numeric variable value and then the Metric Widget display will update.