I am trying to develop a Business Cycle Clock similar to https://kosis.kr/visual/bcc/index/index.do?language=eng.
I've already achieved most of the things I wanted to replicate, but I can't figure it out how to add these traces (for example, in the link above set speed to 10 and trace length to 5 and then click on 'Apply' to understand what I mean).
Does anyone have any idea how to implement it? It would make the "clock" much easier to read. Thanks in advance.
Reprocible example:
library(plotly)
library(dplyr)
library(magrittr)
variable <- rep('A',10)
above_trend <- rnorm(10)
mom_increase <- rnorm(10)
ref_date <- seq.Date('2010-01-01' %>% as.Date,
length.out = 10,by='m')
full_clock_db <- cbind.data.frame(variable, above_trend, mom_increase, ref_date)
freq_aux = 'm'
ct = 'Brazil'
main_title = paste0('Business Cycle Clock para: ', ct)
m <- list(l=60, r=170, b=50, t=70, pad=4)
y_max_abs = 2
x_max_abs = 5
fig = plot_ly(
data = full_clock_db,
x = ~mom_increase,
y = ~above_trend,
color = ~variable,
frame = ~ref_date,
text = ~variable,
hoverinfo = "text",
type = 'scatter',
mode = 'markers'
) %>%
animation_opts( frame = 800,
transition = 500,
easing = "circle",
redraw = TRUE,
mode = "immediate") %>%
animation_slider(
currentvalue = list(prefix = "PerĂodo", font = list(color="red"))
)
fig
