I want to map ProjectDto object to Project object.
So, ProjectDto class contains list of styles:
public class ProjectDto
{
public List<StyleDto>? Styles { get; set; }
// and other properties...
}
And it's a Project class:
public class Project
{
public virtual IEnumerable<StyleOfProject> StylesOfProject { get; set; }
// and other properties...
}
There is many-to-many relationship between Style and Project, which is represented in StyleOfProject class:
public class StyleOfProject
{
public int ProjectId { get; set; }
public virtual Project Project { get; set; }
public int StyleId { get; set; }
public virtual Style Style { get; set; }
}
public class Style
{
public virtual IEnumerable<StyleOfProject> StyleOfProjects { get; set; }
// and other properties...
}
So, I tried to map like this:
CreateMap<ProjectDto, Project>().ForMember(dest => dest.StylesOfProject, opt => opt.MapFrom(src => src.Styles))
And I got empty StylesOfProject. I understand this is incorrect mapping way, but I don't have any right ideas how to map it.