Laravel 9 / Bootstrap - Vite manifest not found at

Viewed 447

New to Laravel and I am having trouble getting bootstrap going with my project. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I will give steps to see if anyone can repro and advise. Thanks in advance

I started with a fresh install of Ubuntu 22.04

1. Install PHP 8.1.2:

sudo apt install -y php php-common php-cli php-gd php-mysqlnd php-curl php-intl php-mbstring php-bcmath php-xml php-zip

2. Install Composer:

sudo apt install -y curl

curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | sudo php -- --install-dir=/usr/bin --filename=composer

3. Create Laravel Project:

composer create-project laravel/laravel --prefer-dist laravel-bootstrap

cd laravel-bootstrap

4. Install Laravel/UI & Bootstrap

composer require laravel/ui

php artisan ui bootstrap

php artisan ui bootstrap --auth

npm install

npm run dev

When I run npm run dev, I get this message :

dev
vite

file:///var/www/laravel-bootstrap/node_modules/vite/bin/vite.js:7
    await import('source-map-support').then((r) => r.default.install())
    ^^^^^

SyntaxError: Unexpected reserved word
    at Loader.moduleStrategy (internal/modules/esm/translators.js:133:18)
    at async link (internal/modules/esm/module_job.js:42:21)

If I run php artisan serve and go to http://127.0.0.1:8000 I get the default Laravel page and it looks fine, but if I go to http://127.0.0.1:8000/login, I get a Missing Vite Manifest File error message

screenshot of error : https://i.postimg.cc/Njzn2wBp/Screenshot-from-2022-08-18-00-11-28.png

1 Answers

I had pretty same problem and found solution for me here

Update npm and node versions first and install Breeze if you don't have it already.

Briefly what I've done after:

npm install --save-dev vite laravel-vite-plugin
npm install --save-dev @vitejs/plugin-vue

Then updated package.json:

"scripts": {
    "build": "vite build"
}

And

npm run build

Hope it will help ;)

Related