I thought I had copied the file path I wanted to check a git diff of, but accidentally had "quit()" in my clipboard instead and hastily hit return. So I accidentally ran
(base) user@MacBook-Air sage % git diff quit()
function>
function>
and now, nothing seems to be working in git at all. For example:
(base) user@MacBook-Air sage % git diff HEAD
git:5: command not found: quit
(base) user@MacBook-Air sage % git status
git:6: command not found: quit
(base) user@MacBook-Air sage % git diff
git:7: command not found: quit
(base) user@MacBook-Air sage % git log
git:8: command not found: quit
(base) user@MacBook-Air sage % git branch --list
git:9: command not found: quit
Does anyone know what I did to get this? Moreover, do you know how to fix it? All my changes on this branch are committed, but not yet on the remote branch.
I tried to Google how to reset git, but that just got me results for git reset.