I'm using Vue 2 and the composition API. My current component receives a prop from a parent and I render different data based on it, on the screen - the prop is called "result" and is of type Object, containing multiple info. I receive one "result" at a time, but multiple will be rendered - you can think of my "result" as a google search result - which means that the page will have multiple results.
The issue I have is that for one of the info inside "result", I need to call an asynchronous method and display its result, which is what I cannot accomplish.
Currently this is what I have:
<div>
{{ getBoardName(props.result.boardReference) }}
</div>
Method inside the script:
async function getBoardName(boardReference) {
var result = await entriesApi.getBoardName({
boardReference: boardReference,
});
return result;
}
It displays "[object Promise]", although if I console.log(result) right before returning it, it's just what I need, so it seems to me as if the interpolation doesn't actually wait for the promise result.
I've also tried using "then" inside the interpolation:
{{
getBoardName(props.result.boardReference).then((value) => {
return value;
})
}}
I was thinking about using a computed property but I am not sure how that would work, as the response I need from the method has to be connected to each result individually.
Please ask for further clarifications if needed.