Below is a minimal working example.
library(ggplot2)
set.seed(926)
df <- data.frame(x. = rnorm(100),
y. = rnorm(100),
color. = rnorm(100))
library(ggplot2)
p <- ggplot(df, aes(x = x., y = y., color = color.)) +
geom_point() +
viridis::scale_color_viridis(option = "C")
p
p_build <- ggplot_build(p)
# The desired vector is below somehow I feel there must have an easier way to get it
p_build[["data"]][[1]][["colour"]]
df$color_converted <- p_build[["data"]][[1]][["colour"]]
Specifically, I like to use viridis::viridis(option = "C") color scheme. Could anyone help with this? Thanks.
*Modify*
Sorry, my question wasn't clear enough. Let me put it this way, I couldn't utilize ggplot2 package and had to use the pure plot() function that comes with R, in my specific project.
My goal is to try to reproduce the above plot with the base R package.
plot(df$x., df$y., color = df$color_converted)
If possible, could anyone also direct me on how to customize a gradient legend that is similar to ggplot2, with base legend()?


