`Unsafe redirect to "https://${ip}/signin"` while running rails application

Viewed 29

I'm trying to analyze log from my rails applications I sometimes see hits from random IP addresses that look like this:

-------------------------------
Request:
-------------------------------

  * URL        : https://${ip}/
  * HTTP Method: GET
  * IP address : 162.62.191.231
  * Parameters : {"controller"=>"runner", "action"=>"index"}
  * Timestamp  : 2022-08-17 18:28:07 +0300
  * Server : b82b789929df
  * Rails root : /root/my_app
  * Process: 270

Those are not some replacement to hide IP from you, it seems like literally request with https://${ip}/ value

But not sure from where it's coming, probably some guys are testing my site for some vulnerability, but I cannot detect which. https://${ip}/ is a really bad string to google it

And especially I cannot understand how to simulate the same request with curl or wget to see if it really safe

1 Answers

Fact is that it couldn't get to your server unless it was a correct hostname/ip-address, so that URL is not what's being requested. My guess here is that this is some local monitoring or health-check, is this on AWS?

Related