Hello StackOverflow
I'm having a strange problem with a react app when switching tabs in chrome (the app is already loaded). example : (Link to video if the gif is too low quality)
You can see there is a small white flash before it shows the site itself (something like 0.2 sec), the thing is my app is a little heavier I guess and it's sometimes 0.5-0.75 sec of white screen flash like that which is annoying customers.
Some of them describe it: 'the web page being blank for a 0.5 sec every time we go to another tab in the web browser and we get back to your app.'
I have seen some sites that have the same issue, for example, instacart.com, some of them have 0.1-sec white flash, and some of them have longer flash. My question is how can I improve this? and what is related to this?
Most of the questions here are related to some stuff that is in react-native, but my app is react web. I have read about FOUC but I'm not really sure if it's the issue.
btw I don't think it's related to the power of the computer (I'm getting this on a ryzen9 PC and M1 pro mac with 32 GB ram).
Thanks for help.
Also, this problem seems to only exist in chrome, in firefox it doesn't have any white flash. I guess it's related to this (see the first answer). How can I improve it?

