i have a frontend where I define a string in this case videoLink.
Besides that I have an async function that starts when a button is clicked.
//sveltekit
async function addToQueue(){
console.log(videoLink);
const res = await fetch('/tool/server', {
method: 'POST',
body: {
videoData: videoLink
}
})
const json = await res.json()
console.log(json);
videoLink = "";
}
This function sends an http-post request with fetch to my server.js file.
/** @type {import('@sveltejs/kit').RequestHandler} */
export async function POST(event) {
const data = await event.request.body;
const link = data.videoData;
console.log(link)
}
when i run the post-request (by clicking the Button in my frontend), my server logs undefined. As far as I know the server gets the POST request, because it logs only if I click the button.
But why does it return undefined? I have tried to parse the json, but it didn't work. Can anyone help me? What is wrong with my JSON?