I have two separate data frames - each representing a feature (activity, and sleep) and the amount of days that each of these features were recorded by each id number. The amount of days need to reflect on the y-axis and the feature itself needs to reflect on the x-axis. I managed to draw the boxplots separately, showing the outliers clearly esp for the one set, however if I want to place the two boxplots next to each other, the outliers do not show up clearly. Also, how do I get the names of the two features (activity and sleep) on my x-axis?
The dataframe for the "sleep "feature:
head(idday)
A tibble: 6 x 2
id days
<dbl> <int>
1 1503960366 25
2 1644430081 4
3 1844505072 3
4 1927972279 5
5 2026352035 28
6 2320127002 1
The dataframe for the "activity "feature:
head(iddaya)
A tibble: 6 x 2
id days
<dbl> <int>
1 1503960366 31
2 1624580081 31
3 1644430081 30
4 1844505072 31
5 1927972279 31
6 2022484408 31
My attempt for sleep:
ggplot(idday, aes(y = days), boxwex = 0.05) +
stat_boxplot(geom = "errorbar",
width = 0.2) +
geom_boxplot(alpha=0.9, outlier.color="red")
and for activity:
ggplot(iddaya, aes(y = days), boxwex = 0.05) +
stat_boxplot(geom = "errorbar",
width = 0.2) +
geom_boxplot(alpha=0.9, outlier.color="red")
I then combined them:
boxplot(summary(idday$days), summary(iddaya$days))
In this final image the outliers do not show clearly, and I want to name my x-axis and y-axis.

