Custom API returns strange data

Viewed 24

I have developed and deployed an API for my own personal use and it returns strange data. Here is the screenshot of my GET Request made from ThunderClient while testing the API: ThunderClient Result

However, when I make the API Call using a function getAllIssues like:

export const getAllIssues = () => {
    return fetch("http://reznov00-001-site1.atempurl.com/api/Issue")
            .then(response => console.log(JSON.stringify(response)));
}

It returns strange data. Its possibly from the browser but I wouldn't know since I am quite new to APIs:

Actual Result from Console

2 Answers

If you want to use fetch API for JSON response you can use it like this:

fetch(URL).then(res => res.json()).then(parsedJSON => /* do something */)

See Using the fetch API (MDN) for more examples.

You have to parse instead of stringify the response...
eg: JSON.parse(response.data)

 export const getAllIssues = () => {
    return fetch("http://reznov00-001-site1.atempurl.com/api/Issue")
            .then((response) => response.json())
            .then ((data) => console.log(data))
            .catch((error) => console.error(error));
}
Related