Developing a Windows Desktop application that uses Chromium Embedded Framework for the UI frontend, but I assume this would apply equally to Electron and similar platforms as well.
The application will have multiple pages, each implemented as its own component. In a traditional SPA this would typically be implemented using Vue Router, but I assume the main benefits of Vue Router are the ability to route to the appropriate resource based on URI, parse URI query parameters, and enable the forward and back buttons with history.
Since none of these really apply to my Desktop application, I am thinking that Vue Router will bring little to the table and just add more boilerplate noise to the codebase. If I'm missing something and there is a significant benefit in Vue Router for my use case, please let me know.
Side note: I do plan on using Vuex to allow the different page components to work on the same set of state data without a lot of tedious prop/event binding.