I am working on a project with 2 repositories as Front-End Repository and Back-End Repository.
I also developed a Testing environment for my co-workers to test every feature / bug that i am publishing.
My current problem is that i need to build a different version from an older commits on both repositories. So what i thought of is to clone each project to a new folder, checkout to the specific commit, create a new branch from that commit, then build a new version from the new branch instead of 'master'.
Its important to say that i am just learning how to work well with git so i want to make sure i understand my different options for any issues.
Thanks in advance for your answers.
As @Casper Bang suggested, I am adding more info on my situation:
So as i mentioned, I am constantly developing a program which runs on a IIS server.
I am developing the software from my first day at work, without any supervisor that would argue the best practice for different cases. As things ran quickly and the Time To Market demand were high, i developed with one branch and built every product in my own computer. As the program went bigger, I created a Jenkins pipeline to make sure every version created was built through a certain flow. Then I managed to work with feature branches, to make it a bit more backwards compatible -> and each time i wanted to make a product I would merge every branch into master, for creating more organized versions.
So The current problem is actually that the features are not working perfectly as there are some rejects from my co-workers. However I do need to create a new version during the next few days, based on the latest PRODUCTION version, with a tiny fix which will be a 'temporary version'. This way i could release the version soon enough, and split the new versions away while working on them to make them better. because the fix is about 2 lines of code, I can make sure that I will add them both to the Quick PRODUCTION version AND to the future versions manually.
I think it is also important to say that there 5 Different branches merged to master since the last production versions, and its all merged to the current master branch, in each repository.