I have two tables in a data model linked with a many-to-one relationship, cross filtered in both directions.
Table A has one row per value of the key, table B has many.
Not everybody from Table A appears in Table B.
I want to create a table visual which lists everybody in Table A, together with information from Table B, if present. However, when I add a variable from Table B to the visual, rather than displaying an empty cell for missing values, PowerBI automatically removes everybody from Table A who doesn't appear in Table B.
What I've got in the data model:
Table A
| Name | Birthday |
|---|---|
| John | 2-Apr-1962 |
| Jane | 3-Nov-1970 |
Table B
| Name | Pet |
|---|---|
| John | Cat - Henry |
| John | Dog - Spot |
The visual I want:
| Name | Birthday | Pet |
|---|---|---|
| John | 2-Apr-1962 | Cat - Henry |
| John | 2-Apr-1962 | Dog - Spot |
| Jane | 3-Nov-1970 |
What I'm getting:
| Name | Birthday | Pet |
|---|---|---|
| John | 2-Apr-1962 | Cat - Henry |
| John | 2-Apr-1962 | Dog - Spot |
There are no filters on my visual.
If I filter the visual to blank / missing values of the variable from Table B, I get an empty table.
I've looked at a few threads here on combining tables with missing data, but they're all about creating new tables in a data model rather than a visual.

