I need help knowing how to open programs without using the OS module, I am not using it because I'm making an FNF mod and the creator of Psych engine disabled the OS module entirely for security reasons.
I need help knowing how to open programs without using the OS module, I am not using it because I'm making an FNF mod and the creator of Psych engine disabled the OS module entirely for security reasons.
There's no such a way to open a program without the built-in OS library. But if you meant by opening .lua script, you can run it with require() function.
Example:
In others.lua
print('This is others.lua output')
In main.lua
print('This is main.lua output')
require('others') -- If you have the file hidden, you can just do './.others.lua'
The output
This is others.lua output
This is main.lua output
If os.execute is not available you could try to use io.popen instead; it is even more powerful than OS execute (allows executing a program and writing to it xor reading from it).
Alternatively, if the "external program" is a Lua-compatible shared library (.dll or .so), you can use require to "open" it.