Fresh Valet install not pinging .test

Viewed 145

I'm trying to get Valet running on a new MacBook Pro running macOS 12.3. Homebrew, PHP, and Composer are all installed just fine and functioning (to the extent of my knowledge).

However, once I installed Valet and tried to ping foobar.test it's not returning 127.0.0.1 (it's some 198.#.#.# IP) and I cannot access it in my browser either. I get a ERR_CONNECTION_RESET message.

If I go to 127.0.0.1 or localhost directly in my browser, I get the "404 - Not Found" Valet message I'd expect.

Running brew services list, I get the following:

Name    Status     User File
dnsmasq error  512 root ~/Library/LaunchAgents/homebrew.mxcl.dnsmasq.plist
mariadb started    root ~/Library/LaunchAgents/homebrew.mxcl.mariadb.plist
nginx   error  256 root ~/Library/LaunchAgents/homebrew.mxcl.nginx.plist
php     started    root ~/Library/LaunchAgents/homebrew.mxcl.php.plist
unbound error  256 root ~/Library/LaunchAgents/homebrew.mxcl.unbound.plist

The "error" statuses seem suspect, but I've been battling those for years on previous machines where Valet does work.

I've tried restarting my MacBook, restarting Valet (also as sudo), and removing/reinstalling Valet. Nothing seems to help.

Not sure what to try since nothing resulted in errors during installation. All community posts seem to point to reinstalling Valet, which as mentioned, doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

1 Answers

Uninstalled FortiClient and the issue went away. See if you have any VPN client or installed.

Related