I'm using oracle apex version 20.1 and I can not get past this weird javascript error. I have a dynamic action that populates a page item (P616_FRM_AMT2) based on the getValue() of another page item (P616_TO_AMT1) with a little addition inside the setValue() function. The result i'm trying to achieve in this example is 10.01. The problem in the code is pretty self explanatory, can someone explain how this is possible?
// Get value of first page item
to_amt = apex.item( "P616_TO_AMT1" ).getValue(); // returns 10
// Examples of using arithmetic in the .setValue() working correctly
apex.item("P616_FRM_AMT2").setValue(to_amt/10); // returns 1
apex.item("P616_FRM_AMT2").setValue(to_amt*10); // returns 100
apex.item("P616_FRM_AMT2").setValue(to_amt-1); // returns 9
apex.item("P616_FRM_AMT2").setValue(to_amt-1.01); // returns 8.99
// Using addition in the .setValue()
apex.item("P616_FRM_AMT2").setValue(to_amt+1); // returns 101
// What I actually need to do
apex.item("P616_FRM_AMT2").setValue(to_amt+.01); //returns 100.01
// Had to add this edit because it changes my question, addition works with ONLY static values?
apex.item("P616_FRM_AMT2").setValue(10+.01); //returns 10.01


