I'm building an async library with aiohttp. The library has a single client that on instantiation creates a ClientSession and uses it to make requests to an API (it's an REST API wrapper)
The problem i'm facing is how to cleanly close the client session on exit?
If the session is not explicitly closed a whole lot of errors come out but i can't simply use context managers to close the session since i don't know when the program will end.
A tipical use would be this:
from mylibrary import Client
client = Client()
async main():
await client.get_foo(...)
await client.patch_bar(...)
asyncio.run(main())
I could add await client.close_session() on main but I want to remove this responsability from the enduser so ideally the client would automatically close the ClientSession when the program ends.
How can I do this?
I have tried using __del__ on the client to get the loop and close the session without success as well as using the atexit library, but it seems that by the time these run the asyncio loop has already been destroyed and I still get the warnings.
The specific error is:
Fatal error on SSL transport
protocol: <asyncio.sslproto.SSLProtocol object at 0x0000013ACFD54AF0>
transport: <_ProactorSocketTransport fd=1052 read=<_OverlappedFuture cancelled>>
I did some research on this error and google seems to think it's because I need to implement flow control, I have however and this error only occurs if I don't explicitly close the session.