I have a project made in vue.js 2. However there is no public folder; instead, there is a folder named static where you can put files that will be put in the folder /dist/static after you build the staff.
Meanwhile, I need to add a _redirects file to the root of /dist after building, for Netlify integration. However, if I put the file in the root of the project, after building it is ignored. I know that I need to manage something in the config where I have this code:
build: {
// Template for index.html
index: path.resolve(__dirname, '../dist/index.html'),
// Paths
assetsRoot: path.resolve(__dirname, '../dist'),
assetsSubDirectory: 'static',
assetsPublicPath: '/',
/**
* Source Maps
*/
productionSourceMap: true,
// https://webpack.js.org/configuration/devtool/#production
devtool: '#source-map',
// Gzip off by default as many popular static hosts such as
// Surge or Netlify already gzip all static assets for you.
// Before setting to `true`, make sure to:
// npm install --save-dev compression-webpack-plugin
productionGzip: false,
productionGzipExtensions: ['js', 'css'],
// Run the build command with an extra argument to
// View the bundle analyzer report after build finishes:
// `npm run build --report`
// Set to `true` or `false` to always turn it on or off
bundleAnalyzerReport: process.env.npm_config_report
}
I found vue 2 documentation for this rather confuse.
The only thing I need is that my new file _redirects gets included in dist folder after building.
Thanks beforehand for the help.