could not launch process: stub exited while waiting for connection: exit status 0 in golang or vscode

Viewed 337

I have problems with my debugger go on a MacBook Pro M1 Pro.

When I try to debug my code I have this error:

"could not launch process: stub exited while waiting for connection: exit status 0" 

I got this error when launching the debugger via VSCode, Goland and via the "dlv debug" command.

I wanted to know if someone had a solution to my problem.

Here is some information about my configuration:

go version go1.18.5 darwin/arm64
Delve Debugger
Version: 1.9.0
Build: $Id: 69310c2f438e492f892d6af22e8e62c8ea1e9d8d $
3 Answers

Check if running

sudo /usr/sbin/DevToolsSecurity -enable 

Re-installing XCode Command Line Tools should help.

  • Delete a previous version of XCode Tools:
sudo rm -rf /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools
  • Install it from scratch:
xcode-select --install

None of the responses above worked for me. Then, after two days of research I saw someone saying that I should install the M1 version of VSCode (not the universal version!)

I had the "Universal" version, but when I checked Activity Monitor I found out that it was running as Intel. So I uninstalled it and downloaded the M1 version (specifically) from here:

https://code.visualstudio.com/download# (choose Apple Silicon).

Now debugging in VSCode works fine (I haven't tried in Goland).

Related