I want to get the step data of a user by using HealthKit. However, I want to make sure that data that has been entered manually is ignored. I found a solution where someone asked this question and I know what needs to be entered but I am unsure how to do this. Wherever I put this code I seem to get errors:
Here is my code:
func calculateSteps(completion: @escaping (HKStatisticsCollection?)-> Void) {
let stepType = HKQuantityType.quantityType(forIdentifier: HKQuantityTypeIdentifier.stepCount)!
let startDate = Calendar.current.date(byAdding: .day, value: -7, to: Date())
let anchorDate = Date.mondayAt12AM()
let daily = DateComponents(day: 1)
let predicate = HKQuery.predicateForSamples(withStart: startDate, end: Date(), options: .strictStartDate)
query = HKStatisticsCollectionQuery(quantityType: stepType, quantitySamplePredicate: predicate, options: .cumulativeSum, anchorDate: anchorDate, intervalComponents: daily)
query!.initialResultsHandler = { query, statisticsCollection, error in
completion(statisticsCollection)
}
if let healthStore = healthStore, let query = self.query {
healthStore.execute(query)
}
}
And this is the sort of code I need to implement in the predicate part.
let predicate = NSPredicate(format: "metadata.%K != YES", HKMetadataKeyWasUserEntered)
Where shall I put this code?
UPDATED: I have the code running with no errors however when the function runs it comes out as 0. Any ideas?
import Foundation
import HealthKit
extension Date {
static func mondayAt12AM() -> Date {
return Calendar(identifier: .iso8601).date(from: Calendar(identifier: .iso8601).dateComponents([.yearForWeekOfYear, .weekOfYear], from: Date()))!
}
}
class HealthStore {
var healthStore: HKHealthStore?
var query: HKStatisticsCollectionQuery?
init() {
if HKHealthStore.isHealthDataAvailable() {
healthStore = HKHealthStore()
}
}
func calculateSteps(completion: @escaping (HKStatisticsCollection?)-> Void) {
let stepType = HKQuantityType.quantityType(forIdentifier: HKQuantityTypeIdentifier.stepCount)!
let startDate = Calendar.current.date(byAdding: .day, value: -7, to: Date())
let anchorDate = Date.mondayAt12AM()
let daily = DateComponents(day: 1)
let predicate = HKQuery.predicateForSamples(withStart: startDate, end: Date(), options: .strictStartDate)
let compoundPredicate = NSCompoundPredicate(andPredicateWithSubpredicates:
[.init(format: "metadata.%K == NO", HKMetadataKeyWasUserEntered), predicate]
)
query = HKStatisticsCollectionQuery(
quantityType: stepType,
quantitySamplePredicate: compoundPredicate,
options: .cumulativeSum,
anchorDate: anchorDate,
intervalComponents: daily)
query!.initialResultsHandler = { query, statisticsCollection, error in
completion(statisticsCollection)
}
if let healthStore = healthStore, let query = self.query {
healthStore.execute(query)
}
}
func requestAuthorization(completion: @escaping (Bool) -> Void) {
let stepType = HKQuantityType.quantityType(forIdentifier: HKQuantityTypeIdentifier.stepCount)!
guard let healthStore = self.healthStore else { return completion(false) }
healthStore.requestAuthorization(toShare: [], read: [stepType]) { (success, error) in
completion(success)
}
}
}