visual studio 2022 17.3 xamarin android Detecting existing process

Viewed 371

With the latest visual studio 2022 17.3.0 update, my xamarin native app can't be started in debug as I keep getting this message: Forwarding debugger port 8811 Detecting existing process

I have tried to clean and unistall app from the phone. Same project works fine on visual studio 2019.

Thanks

2 Answers

Just activate Use Fast Deployment, i was having the same issue, but i activated this option, and now works!!! enter image description here

I am also experiencing this. Multiple devices. I can use Visual Studio 2019 and it works fine. It was working with Visual Studio 2022 until the last update. Tried cleaning solution, manually deleting obj directories, manually uninstalling from device, etc.

Main errors I get are...

[monodroid] Creating public update directory: /data/user/0/com.lathem.payclock/files/.__override__ [art] Attempt to remove non-JNI local reference, dumping thread [monodroid-debug] Trying to initialize the debugger with options: --debugger-agent=transport=dt_socket,loglevel=0,address=127.0.0.1:8864,server=y,embedding=1 [monodroid-assembly] Failed to load managed assembly 'mscorlib.dll'. Internal error [monodroid-assembly] open_from_bundles: failed to load assembly mscorlib.dll [mono] The assembly mscorlib.dll was not found or could not be loaded. [mono] It should have been installed in the `/Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/archive-mono/2020-02/android/release/sdks/out/android-armeabi-v7a-release/lib/mono/2.1/mscorlib.dll' directory.

And this...

Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list. System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list. at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args) at System.String.FormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args) at System.String.Format(String format, Object[] args) at Mono.AndroidTools.AndroidLogger.LogError(String task, String format, Object[] args) in D:\a_work\1\s\External\androidtools\Mono.AndroidTools\AndroidLogger.cs:line 63 at Mono.AndroidTools.AndroidDevice.<>c__DisplayClass118_0.b__0() in D:\a_work\1\s\External\androidtools\Mono.AndroidTools\AndroidDevice.cs:line 1012

Related