I am trying to make use of libmaia in a Qt project using C++.
Since I'm from a JavaScript background, all of the answers regarding setup of an external library in Qt are going way over my head.
This library libmaia has docs for installation but it only points out how to install using qMake. I am using CMake in my project.
What I've tried:
- Cloned the project and copied the files over to the Qt project
- Tried adding a find_library() call in the CMake, which fails.
- So, I tried the target_link_libraries() entry for the project.
My understanding is that I am missing the build step of the project to generate a .a or a .so file.
How do we conclude that an external library will only work with QMake or CMake?
Any help / resources to read up / GitHub examples of the setup would be gladly appreciated.
Also, if someone can simplify my understanding of the setup procedure, that would be great! Thanks!