Unable to get the REST Data Services option in SQL Developer after ORDS installation

Viewed 69

I've done a standalone installation of ORDS for experimental purposes (just HTTP) and REST enabled a schema via the command line:

ORDS.ENABLE_SCHEMA(p_enabled => TRUE,
                   p_schema => 'name_of_schema_existing',
                   p_url_mapping_type => 'BASE_PATH',
                   p_url_mapping_pattern => 'hr',
                   p_auto_rest_auth => FALSE);

commit;

This ran completed successfully but when I launch SQL Developer and right-click on that schema, I don't get the 'Rest Services' option that I see in various documentations/videos:

enter image description here

Could anyone help to see why I wouldn't have the above option for my REST enabled schema? I'm running SQL Developer version Version 4.0.3.16.

Thanks so much in advance.

1 Answers

Upgrade your SQL Developer.

That would be 22.2 for current version.

enter image description here

And once your have ORDS running with your schema enabled, you can login to SQL Developer Web and use that for your REST Development.

enter image description here

Related