How to transfer C# Windows form (.NET Framework) from one PC to another PC

Viewed 59

As you could guess, I'm an absolute beginner to Visual Studios and C# Windows Forms (.NET Framework). I want to transfer my project from my laptop to my PC but I have no idea how to do so. I've been trying for quite a while but can't seem to get what files to copy. I'm copying the [Name].cs , [Name].Designer.cs and [Name].resx files but I can't seem to get them to work. should I copy the whole folder or .sln file or what?

Could anyone help me please?

2 Answers

Copy the whole root directory where the .sln is or .csproj if it is a single winforms project. On the destination computer you might need some prerequisites.

If you want to be able to work on it and update it from both places, use GitHub and make a private repository. That's an easy way. The other way is follow the file path: C:\users\admin\source\repos and find your project in that list of folders. You could copy it to a flash drive, if you wanted to do it that way.

Related