I'm trying to convert some Axio code to RTK query and having some trouble. The 'data' response from RTK query doesn't seem to act like useState as I thought.
Original axio code:
const [ importantData, setImportantData ] = useState('');
useEffect(() => {
async function axiosCallToFetchData() {
const response = await axiosAPI.post('/endpoint', { payload });
const { importantData } = await response.data;
setImportantData(importantData);
}
axiosCallToFetchData()
.then((res) => res)
.catch((error) => console.log(error));
}, []);
const objectThatNeedsData.data = importantData;
New RTK Query code
const { data, isSuccess } = useGetImportantDataQuery({ payload });
if(isSuccess){
setImportantData(data.importantData);
}
const objectThatNeedsData.data = importantData;
This however is giving me an infinite render loop. Also if I try to treat the 'data' object as a state object and just throw it into my component as:
const objectThatNeedsData.data = data.importantData;
Then I get an undefined error because it's trying to load the importantData before it's completed. I feel like this should be a simple fix but I'm getting stuck. I've gone through the docs but most examples just use the if statement block to check the status. The API calls are being made atleast with RTK and getting proper responses. Any advice?