I've started a new Uno Platform project with the dotnet new unoapp template and have run into issues with hot reload - where XAML/C# changes are meant to be reflected in the application without requiring a rebuild and a restart.
I am coding on VS Code in Linux if that is any help. I have the Uno Platform extension installed, but I am not getting code completion hints when typing XAML (which is a different problem I'm not asking about - but which may be helpful to know if it indicates the extension does not work and this is the reason for the lack of hot reload).
Some logs are below.
dotnet --info logs:
.NET SDK (reflecting any global.json):
Version: 6.0.400
Commit: 7771abd614
Runtime Environment:
OS Name: pop
OS Version: 22.04
OS Platform: Linux
RID: linux-x64
Base Path: /usr/lib/dotnet/dotnet6-6.0.108/sdk/6.0.400/
global.json file:
Not found
Host:
Version: 6.0.8
Architecture: x64
Commit: 55fb7ef977
.NET SDKs installed:
6.0.108 [/usr/lib/dotnet/dotnet6-6.0.108/sdk]
6.0.400 [/usr/lib/dotnet/dotnet6-6.0.108/sdk]
.NET runtimes installed:
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 6.0.8 [/usr/lib/dotnet/dotnet6-6.0.108/shared/Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 3.1.28 [/usr/lib/dotnet/dotnet6-6.0.108/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 5.0.17 [/usr/lib/dotnet/dotnet6-6.0.108/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 6.0.8 [/usr/lib/dotnet/dotnet6-6.0.108/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Download .NET:
https://aka.ms/dotnet-download
Learn about .NET Runtimes and SDKs:
https://aka.ms/dotnet/runtimes-sdk-info
uno-check logs:
Uno Platform Check v1.5.3.0
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
This tool will check your Uno Platform development environment.
If problems are detected, it will offer the option to try and fix them for you,
or suggest a way to fix them yourself.
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⏳ Synchronizing configuration... ok
⏳ Scheduling appointments... ok
.NET SDK Checkup...
– 6.0.108 - /usr/lib/dotnet/dotnet6-6.0.108/sdk/6.0.108
– 6.0.400 - /usr/lib/dotnet/dotnet6-6.0.108/sdk/6.0.400
.NET SDK - Workload Deduplication Checkup...
GTK3+ Checkup...
.NET SDK - Workloads (6.0.400-rtm.22364.21) Checkup...
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
✔ Congratulations, everything looks great!
Press Enter to finish...
Console logs when running WASM instead of GTK:
fail: Uno.UI.RemoteControl.RemoteControlClient[0]
Failed to get remote control server port from the IDE for endpoint 192.168.1.16. dotnet.js line 1 > eval:1:9
fail: Uno.UI.RemoteControl.RemoteControlClient[0]
Failed to get remote control server port from the IDE for endpoint [fe80::2a60:daed:fec3:e7dc]. dotnet.js line 1 > eval:1:9
fail: Uno.UI.RemoteControl.RemoteControlClient[0]
Failed to get any remote control server endpoint from the IDE.
I'm not sure how I can fix this error, but I would appreciate any help.