I'm generating a csv file (with thousands of rows) on my local PC. From a Google account, I would like to do a manual Google Sheets>Import to upload the file for my book club group. The data is collected from HTML tables on multiple pages, if that matters.
One of the fields is named "shelves" is essentially tags, and it contains a list of (name, url) tuples. I'd like to modify my Python program to make a list along the lines of
[=HYPERLINK(url, name), =HYPERLINK(url, name), ..., =HYPERLINK(url, name)]
but I can't find any syntax clues. I also tried
['=HYPERLINK("url", "name"), =HYPERLINK("url", "name")', '=HYPERLINK("url", "name"), =HYPERLINK("url", "name")', ...]
Can something like this via importing a CSV file from Google Sheets work or not, in Aug 2022?
Here's a sample CSV row:
,title,title_url,author,author_url,shelves,date_started,date_finished,member_name,member_url,date_added,group_activity,group_book_id_url'
'29,"Luck in the Shadows (Nightrunner, #1)",http://goodreads.com/book/show/74270.Luck_in_the_Shadows,"Flewelling, Lynn",http://goodreads.com/author/show/42110.Lynn_Flewelling,"[('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=read', 'read'), ('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=1-book-of-the-month', '1-book-of-the-month'), ('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=char-royalty-nobility', 'char-royalty-nobi...'), ('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=genre-action-adventure', 'genre-action-adve...'), ('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=genre-epic', 'genre-epic'), ('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=genre-fantasy', 'genre-fantasy'), ('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=genre-romance', 'genre-romance'), ('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=profession-mage-witch-wizard', 'profession-mage-w...'), ('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=theme-cross-dressing', 'theme-cross-dressing'), ('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=theme-nautical', 'theme-nautical'), ('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=theme-on-the-run', 'theme-on-the-run'), ('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=time-historical', 'time-historical')]",1/1/2021,1/31/2021,Marianne ,http://goodreads.com/user/show/marianne,"group activity for 536628',http://goodreads.com/group/show_book/group?group_book_id=536628
So shelves is the field I'm working on. As you can see it has a long list (and edited for brevity):
[('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=read', 'read'), ('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=genre-action-adventure', 'genre-action-adve...'), ('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=genre-epic', 'genre-epic'), ('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=genre-fantasy', 'genre-fantasy'), ('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=genre-romance', 'genre-romance'), ('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=profession-mage-witch-wizard', 'profession-mage-w...'), ('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=theme-on-the-run', 'theme-on-the-run'), ('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=time-historical', 'time-historical')]
I would like to have a csv-type file that can be manually imported into Google Sheets and have a single cell contain the shelves list in the following fashion:
`[=HYPERTEXT('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=read', 'read'), =HYPERTEXT('http://goodreads.com/group/bookshelf/group?shelf=genre-action-adventure', 'genre-action-adve...')]
So that when it is uploaded to Google it displays similarly to an html table cell: 
Before I go through a ton of iterations of that, I wanted to see if that would even work. All the research I've done has come up with mostly 2020 info about only being able to do this in the Google Apps environment, or to possibly write a function for the spreadsheet. I did sign up and try the Google Apps environment, but got stuck in setting up credentials.
If not, is there a best approach to somehow accomplish this?
If it is possible, I could use some help on the syntax. Thank you!