The title is a bit weird but essentially I need to take two lists:
list1 = [['1', '1', '1', '1'], ['2', '2', '2', '2'], ['3', '3', '3', '3']]
list2 = [['a', 'a', 'a'], ['b', 'b', 'b']]
and then alternate between the elements in the sub-lists of the two lists and create sub-lists as elements in a new list whose sub-lists are the alternated elements from above
list3 = [['1', 'a', '1', 'a', '1', 'a', '1'], ['1', 'b', '1', 'b', '1', 'b', '1'], ['2', 'a', '2', 'a', '2', 'a', '2'], ... ]
right now my code is:
def foo(array1, array2):
i = 1
for sublist1 in array1:
for sublist2 in array2:
for val in sublist2:
sublist1.insert(i, val)
i += 2
i = 1
return array1
and I'm getting the output:
[['1', 'a', '1', 'a', '1', 'a', '1', 'b', 'b', 'b'], ['2', 'a', '2', 'a', '2', 'a', '2', 'b', 'b', 'b'], ['3', 'a', '3', 'a', '3', 'a', '3', 'b', 'b', 'b']]
the thing is that I'm working with much smaller lists as a proof of concept right now but the final algorithm will need to be able to do this for lists with millions of sub-lists.